Animal Control


Animals that are loose, stray or missing can be reported to the Riverton City animal control department. Loose and stray animals can be picked up during normal office hours by an animal control officer. Missing animal reports will be noted in the event the missing animal is seen or impounded. Click here to see animals reported missing.

Animal Control Department
Riverton City Hall
12830 S Redwood Rd
Riverton, UT 84065
(801) 208-3108

Office Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed

Loose, stray, or missing animal reports may also be submitted online or through the Riverton Connect mobile app. Reports submitted after normal office hours will be responded to the next business day.

Response After Regular Business Hours
Riverton City animal control officers will only respond after regular business hours in emergency situations such as injured animals or when public safety is in jeopardy. To request that an animal control officer respond after hours, to a situation as described above, contact Unified Police Department dispatch at (801) 743-7000