Riverton City needs YOUR help to capture, in photo, the very best Riverton, Utah has to offer! The Best of Riverton Photo Contest is back again for the second year, this time without categories. This means that photos of any kind that represent the landscape or life in Riverton can be submitted. No need to be a professional photographer to participate. A first, second and third place will be awarded! Photos submitted in the contest will be used to tell the city's story in marketing and communications materials.
The contest runs from June 1 to July 31, 2019.
- Cash Prize ($300 for 1st Place, $200 for 2nd Place, $100 for 3rd Place)
- Recognized at a Riverton City Council meeting.
- Photos featured, with attribution, on the city's social media accounts.
- Photos featured, with attribution, in the city's email newsletter.
- Photos featured, with attribution, on the city's website.
- Photos hung, with attribution, in Riverton City Hall or the Sandra N. Lloyd Community Center.
Contest Rules & Conditions
- Submitted photos may be used by Riverton City in any marketing and communications materials, both print and digital, without attribution or restriction.
- Contest winners will be paid by check and will need to fill out a 1099 form (provided) before receiving the award.
- Submitted photos do not need to have been taken during the contest dates.
- Submitted photos must not have been submitted in the 2018 Best of Riverton Photo Contest.
- Submitted photos must be (or have been) taken by the submitter.
- Photos must be taken in Riverton, Utah, OR be a photo showing Riverton.
- Photos showing close ups of individuals, or where individuals are distinctly recognizable, should have photo release forms signed and submitted with the contest entry, unless taken on public property or at a city event.
- Contest participants will be subscribed to email communications from Riverton City.
- Contest open to both residents and non-residents.
- Only one photo may be submitted per entry.
- Individuals may submit up to 10 entries.
- Original photo resolution is preferred, though photos must not exceed 20MB.