Riverton City is in the process of forming the Riverton Police Department (RPD), following the City Council’s final decision to part ways with Unified Police Department (UPD) in October. RPD will take over law enforcement service from UPD on July 1, 2019. Don Hutson has been hired as the chief of police and is overseeing the formation of the new department. Additional information related to the police transition will be posted here as it becomes available.
“I look forward to creating a department that proactively serves the Riverton community, places high value on our officers, and provides the best law enforcement service for our citizens.”
- Chief Don Hutson
Riverton City is now accepting applications for Police Officers. Those interested in working for the new Riverton Police Department are encouraged to apply!
Job Openings & Job Opening Notifications
To view current job opening details, click here.
- Police Officer
If you would like to receive job opening notifications from Riverton City, you can sign up here.
- Riverton Now Hiring for Officers and Sergeants to Staff New Department
- Herriman Supports New Riverton Police Department Through Transition from Unified PD
- Mayor's Minute with RPD Command Staff
- Riverton City Appoints Police Chief to Form New Department (Gephardt Daily)
- Riverton Taps Unified Precinct Chief to Lead New Force (Deseret News)
- Riverton Hires Police Chief to Lead Formation of New Department (Fox 13)
- Riverton City Hires New Police Chief (ABC 4)
- Citing Unsuccessful Negotiations with Unified Police, Riverton Takes Next Steps to Form Own Police Force (KSL)
- Riverton Moving Forward with Forming New Police Department (KUTV)